Linguine with Pancetta and Sautéed Cherry Tomatoes
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- 4 ounces sliced pancetta or bacon, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds cherry tomatoes
- 1 1/4 cups grated Pecorino Romano or Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil, divided
Cook linguine in pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite. Drain, reserving 1 cup liquid. Return pasta to pot.
Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic; stir 30 seconds. Add pancetta and crushed red pepper; sauté until pancetta is crisp, about 4 minutes. Add tomatoes; sauté until soft, about 4 minutes.
Transfer tomato mixture to pot with pasta. Add 3/4 cup cheese and 1/3 cup basil. Toss over medium heat until cheese melts and sauce coats pasta, adding cooking liquid by 1/4 cupfuls if dry. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to bowl. Sprinkle with basil. Serve remaining cheese alongside.